2.7.09

Sorcerer

No more fairy tales.
No more tales period.

See our history together was a fairytale,
and once I thought I was cast as Princess,
with a sideline to be Queen.

Irregardless of circumstance,
I have been your wife,
your partner,
your magician.

There is no drama left,
no text messages to be seen,
no late nights to be wondering where you are,
no one I care to know about.

The spell has unworked itself,
the story has lost its meaning,
the end is elusive,
but its there surrounded by lost dreams and memories.

See I tried to make your dreams come true,
but you cannot even partake in my daydreams.

The silence of our story resonates now.

Those we cannot tell,
those who cannot see,
those who wish it weren't there at all.

Our fairytale is just that,
a tale that unfortunately is devoid of a fairy.

She isn't coming,
but she's waiting for you out there,
only you know what she looks like.

So take the book,
the next pages are empty,
my magic is done,
my spells aren't working...


I guess I've lost hold of the magic.

~ N.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment